I’m currently a final year Ph.D. candidate (2020 Summer - Now) in Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Notre Dame, advised by Dr. Fanny Ye. Before that, I received my B.S. and M.S. at Case Western Reserve University, supervised by Dr. Soumya Ray.
My research interest lies in graph machine learning, recommender systems, and natural language processing. I especially enjoy deriving graph learning solutions (simple, efficient, and effective) to solve real-world problems, such as product/friend recommendation, user behavior modeling, and question answering.
I will join Snap Research as a full-time research engineer, following my graduation next year. I will work in the User Modeling & Personalization team and continue my research on graph machine learning and recommender systems.
- [2023.09] One first-authored paper about test-time augmentation for GNNs has been accepted to NeurIPS’23. See you in New Orleans.
- [2023.09] I will serve as PCs for ICLR’24, WWW’24, SDM’24, and AAAI’24.
- [2023.01] Three papers are accepted to ICLR’23! One first-authored one studies multi-task self-suerpvised graph learning. The others study large language models for QA and graph adversarial learning. Congrats to everyone involved!
- [2022.11] One first-authored paper about graph adversarial attack has been accepted to AAAI’23.
- [2022.10] One first-authored paper on open-domain question answering has been accepted to EMNLP’22. Big thanks to my collaborators and mentors!
- Research Intern, Snap Research, Seattle, WA, USA
Focus: Efficient Graph Neural Networks for Recommender Systems
Mentors: Tong Zhao, Neil Shah, and Yozen Liu
June - September, 2023
* stands for equal contribution.
- Email: mju2 [at] nd [dot] edu
- Office: 247 Fitzpatrick Hall of Engineering
- Location: University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46565